YOUTH PERFORMANCE COMPANY AUDITION GUIDELINESAuditions are closed. Parents and friends are not allowed to observe the audition. This enables the young actor to completely focus all of his or her attention on the audition. The audition structure is as follows:
- 10-20 actors will audition at one time; with auditions being one hour per group
- If the show is a musical, the choreographer will teach the group a simple dance routine to see how well the actors move
- If the show is a musical, the music director will have each actor sing a portion of a song without accompaniment. In addition, actors may be asked to do scales.
- If the actor has been asked to prepare a monologue – each actor will stand up and perform their monologue for the production staff.
- The director may ask the actors to improvise a scene or read from the script.
YPC requires all staff and actors (age 12+) to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We also require everyone to wear a mask while inside. To ensure the safety of everyone, we will follow all CDC and state guidelines throughout the production period.
Youth Performance Company is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work. We seek to cast actors who reflect the children in our audiences.