Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
DATE & TIME: Monday, February 24 – 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm
LOCATION: “New” YPC – 641 Fairview Avenue N, St Paul, MN 55104 – in the Fairview Business Center
CASTING: 24 actors ages 13+ and 1 male actor age 9-11
Youth Performance Company is committed to collaborating with a wide range of talent. We welcome and encourage to apply performers of all races, genders, and ethnicities
- Prepare 16-20 bars of a song you can sing a’capella
- Dress to move
- Bring a headshot or photo and resume’
- Non-stipend positions.
Scheduling an Audition
SHOW RUNS: May 1 – 17, 2020
For the audition please bring a headshot and resume’ if you have one.
The audition is structured in a way that provides a non-threatening environment. Our goal is to make the young actors feel relaxed and comfortable. At the conclusion of the audition, the actors will be told whom the staff would like to see again at callbacks.
The activities during the audition are planned to help artistic staff make the best decision in casting the roles for the show. All those who are involved in the audition process confer on casting but the final decision rests with the director.
YOUTH PERFORMANCE COMPANY
Auditions are closed. Parents and friends are not allowed to observe the audition. This enables the young actor to completely focus all of his or her attention on the audition.
The audition structure is as follows:
- 10-20 actors will audition at one time; with auditions being one hour per group
- If the show is a musical, the choreographer will teach the group a simple dance routine to see how well the actors move
- If the show is a musical, the music director will have each actor sing a portion of a song without accompaniment. In addition, actors may be asked to do scales.
- If the actor has been asked to prepare a monologue – each actor will stand up and perform their monologue for the production staff.
- The director may ask the actors to improvise a scene or read from the script.