Classes at Youth Performance Company
Youth Performance Company offers theatre classes and workshops for students in grades K-12. From beginners to experienced – explore your potential and fuel your passion at YPC!
YPC strives to provide the best and safest experience for students and their families.
As the situation around COVID19 evolves, we will continue to follow guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Staff members will not work if they are currently experiencing or have experienced any new symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within the last 72 hours.
- Students may not attend classes/camps if they or a member of their household are showing any new symptoms consistent with COVID-19 now or within the last 72 hours.
- At check in, parents will be required to verify that their student has been symptom free for 72 hours.
- We will be taking students’ temperature as they check in. Any student with a fever will be sent home.
- School break workshops will be held outdoors, at Newell Park (just a few blocks from YPC’s new space – 900 Fairview Ave. South, St. Paul, MN 55104.
- Drop off and pick up will happen in the parking lot on the corner of Fairview and Pierce Butler.
- We will be outside all day, please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Open air picnic shelters are available, should we incur rain or snow.
- Students and staff will be required to wear face masks.
- Class activities and instruction will be tailored to allow for social distancing as much as possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all times.
- Campers enrolled in both morning and afternoon sessions will eat lunch spread out in the picnic shelters. Please send a lunch that does not require the use of a refrigerator or microwave.
Register for Winter 2021 Classes
About classes at YPC.
These classes are suitable for students who come to YPC with all levels of theatrical experience. In each class, students will work side by side with Professional Artists to create original stories and characters, while discovering their physical and vocal abilities. Collaborating with their fellow students in an open and encouraging environment, students will have fun inventing and stretching their imaginations. Friends and family are invited back at the end of the week when the students share what they learned and created. These classes are a wonderful way to introduce the world of theatrical storytelling to your student, and foster a love of play!
These classes are suitable for students who come to YPC with all levels of theatrical experience. In each class, students will work side by side with Professional Artists to develop awareness of their physical and vocal storytelling abilities, creatively explore their favorite plays, books, and themes, and collaborate with their fellow students in an open and encouraging environment. At the end of the week we invite friends and family to come back and join their students for a workshop sharing of what they learned and created. So whether this is your first theatre class or your fiftieth you are sure to find something new and challenging!
These classes are suitable for students who come to YPC with all levels of theatrical experience. In each class, students will work side by side with Professional Artists to develop their physical and vocal skills, and creatively explore their favorite plays, books, and themes. Students will collaborate with their fellow students in an open and encouraging environment, building deeper understandings of the theatrical process. Friends and family are invited to join us for a workshop performance at the end of the week showcasing what the students have learned and created. These classes are a fun and exciting way to explore your favorite theatrical material, and expand your mastery of storytelling!
Classes are held at our office/rehearsal space: 641 Fairview Ave. N, St. Paul, MN 55104 Suite 191. We’re located in St. Paul Midway just off I-94 and two blocks north of University Avenue between Prior and Fairview Avenues. Parking and bicycle racks are available in the front of the building.
Parking and bicycle racks are available in the front of the building.
Food & Water: Lunch/Snacks are not provided. Please send a water bottle and lunch with your child if applicable.
Refunds: Cancellations at least two weeks before the start of a class will receive a full refund less a $30 processing fee. Cancellations less than two weeks before the first class will not receive a refund.
Class Cancellations: In the event a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, you can choose a full refund or future class credit.
Returned Checks: A service charge of $30 will be applied to any returned check.
Late policy: Please pay attention to class times. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late picking up your child, contact YPC (at 612-623-9180 x102). YPC will charge $1/minute as a late fee starting 15 minutes (YPC time) after the end of any class, payable to the class supervisor.