Written by Jacie Knight, Music by Kahlil Queen & Matt Koskenmaki
February 7 – 23, 2014
DATE: Monday, December 9, 2013
TIME: 4:30pm and 5:30pm
LOCATION: YPC – 3338 University Avenue SE, Minneapolis 3rd floor of the “Art & Architecture Building”
4 African-American children ages 6-9
1 African-American male – senior
8 African-American actors – ages 15-25
ideally look like college student
10 Caucasian actors ages 15-25
ideally look like college student SHOW RUNS: February 7-23, 2014
- Appointment Only. Call 612-623-9180 EXT 128 or click here to sign up.
- Prepare a 1-2 minute monologue and a short song (16 bars) that can be sung without accompaniment
- Bring a headshot or photo and resume’
- Non stipend positions.
Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Mysic by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Lyrics by Time Rice
May 2 – 28, 2014
Auditions – February 25th
Casting Actors ages 13+
*date subject to change – check back often
We begin scheduling audition appointments 2 weeks prior to the audition date. Call 612-623-9180 x128 to make an appointment for an audition.
Audition dates are subject to change, call to confirm dates and times.
YOUTH PERFORMANCE COMPANY AUDITION GUIDELINES
Auditions are closed. Parents and friends are not allowed to observe the audition. This enables the young actor to completely focus all of his or her attention on the audition. The audition structure is as follows:
- 10-20 actors will audition at one time; with auditions being one hour per group
- If the show is a musical, the choreographer will teach the group a simple dance routine to see how well the actors move
- If the show is a musical, the music director will have each actor sing a portion of a song without accompaniment. In addition, actors may be asked to do scales.
- If the actor has been asked to prepare a monologue – each actor will stand up and perform their monologue for the production staff.
- The director may ask the actors to improvise a scene or read from the script.
The audition is structured in a way that provides a non-threatening environment. Our goal is to make the young actors feel relaxed and comfortable. At the conclusion of the audition, the actors will be told whom the staff would like to see again at callbacks. The activities during the audition are planned to help artistic staff make the best decision in casting the roles for the show. All those who are involved in the audition process confer on casting but the final decision rests with the director.