Youth Performance Company is a youth-inspired theatre that serves the community and fuels the creative spirit of youth by developing, empowering and advancing young artists.
Young artists work side-by-side with professional artists who serve as teachers, mentors, and guides. Through rigorous training, youth are prepared for leadership roles including, but not limited to, performing, writing, directing and staging their own productions. As a result, these young artists develop critical life-long skills.
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity –
- We celebrate diversity and encourage the preservation of cultural identity.
- We strive for cultural competence in a rapidly changing multicultural world to be inclusive of race, religion, sex, gender, socioeconomic status, age, ability/disability, language, national origin, and more.
- We embrace and value diversity and inclusion as integral to our socially relevant artistic process.
Theatrical Excellence –
- We advocate the arts are fundamental to human development.
- We create safe spaces for young artists from all backgrounds to explore their potential, work to create innovative live theater experiences, reach across boundaries and develop valuable life skills.
- We pursue the highest standards of equity and ethics in all activities.
- We expect our artists to use their experiences to become leaders in our community.
- We develop new work as a response to relevant issues in our community.
- We develop meaningful and authentic relationships with young artists and our community.
- We offer accessibility and affordability in family-friendly programming