Youth Performance Company fuels the creative spirit of youth by developing, empowering and advancing young artists.
Through direct programming that includes productions, classes, in-school residencies, community appearances, and a leadership development component, YPC provides affordable and meaningful arts experiences for Twin Cities families, children, and teens.
Our guiding principles assist us in meeting this mission:
- We advocate the arts as fundamental to human development.
- We value, support, and seek to profile a broad spectrum of people, cultures, and ideas.
- We strive for excellence in youth-centered programming and activities.
- We ensure accessibility and affordability in family-friendly programming.
- We listen to artists, audiences, and community educators and respond to their needs.
- We select projects that foster healthy, healing relationships for the community.
- We participate as responsible artists and citizens through volunteerism and outreach.
- We ensure an inclusive environment to encourage personal and artistic achievement.
- We provide resources and management that sustain and advance YPC’s mission.
- We pursue the highest standards of ethics and fairness in all activities.